Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flag Day

Today is Flag Day!

It is also my big sister's Birthday...Sweet!

For this occasion I was trying to come up with a mini for my table topper. 


I used Carol Doak's 3" paper piece star and added the borders with a star binding.  I love my table topper. 

This week was Zakka Along Week 11 :: Orchard Tweed Pouch.  Hope you have been following along.  I purchased the book awhile back and stumple along the sew along. If you want to follow click here to check out Lindsey's blog at LR Stitch who is hosting. 

Here is my version of the Orchard Tweed Pouch. 

Back view
Front view
 I added a outside pocket with a elastic and button. Was not sure to sew a straight stitch to divide the pockets, but I am happy with longer pocket with the closure. I hand stitch along the zipper.

Inside view.
This pouch is big enough to use as a clutch. I tried to stay along with the pattern, but I thought I needed more for my personal use.  I did enjoy this pattern and easy to follow along.

It is hot and sunny here in South Texas, so stay cool and drink plenty of fluids to hydrate.

Take care folks and Thank you for stopping by.

Judith, Texas




No comments:

Post a Comment