Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Happy Tuesday here in sunny Texas!

Good afternoon from sunny south Texas!

It is a hot one today, but I made that long drive into town after lunch to pick up just one item. Yeah, Right! I know better, but I saw a sale for half price and went with it. I will be at the Monday meetings for Quilt Spender's if there is one. LOL!
Anyway, I picked up some bobbins for my Featherweight and the bobbin case came in the mail yesterday. I totally forgot to order bobbins.
I found this sweet beauty at a antique mall.  I was on my way out until this beauty caught my eye. It is not a very good picture but trust me, she is sweet.


It wasn't until I got home and realized that it did not have a bobbin case nor, did not come with anything else. She was sitting on a bookcase.  I hear that bobbin cases are a big item among thieves. This is how I purchased the Featherweight and it did run. The sales man did not know much about it or so he claims, but I am happy. Live and learn.  It needs cleaning and some much needed TLC,  and yes, it has a new home. I have been wanting one for a very long time since I can remember.

**********

I finally finished the top to Spiderman.



Here it is hanging on my design board.

I made 24 blocks @ 6 1/2" square for the top, bottom and side borders. I added a 3" x 6 1/2" sash between the blocks for the top and bottom. My math was off and I used the 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" sash to the ends to make it fit. The side blocks, I used 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" sash and used two 3" x 6 1/2" sash to make it fit also. But it works and he will never know the difference. Just that it is Spiderman on a quilt and he will be sleeping with it all snuggled. I am happy that the top is finish and for the backing, I purchased some red fabric at Handcock and will be pieced to make it all fit with several other fabrics. I wanted to add another border before I quilt it and add the binding, but I am not that comfortable with big quilts.

Something about grandchildren growing.

Anyway, again I have my evening all booked up.

Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids.

Thank you for stopping by,

Judith, Texas





No comments:

Post a Comment