Monday, August 27, 2012

Catching up and a Birthday!

I am back posting after a busy weekend! Last week I was on the road three times and happy that my DH and I had a day off for lunch, rita's and a movie (the Expendables)! He went fishing all night at that and still celebrated my Birthday with me today. What a sweetie! We had fun today. Very rare.....
 
**********
 
Zakka Along Week 22 :: Pleated Coin Purse
 
Joanna from Shape Moth is posting today. You will be pleased with her two coin purse and details and please make sure to go to LR Stitch for corrections if you have not made yours yet.
 There is still time to view all the posting if you missed any.
 
Here is a photo of my Pleated Coin Purse.
I made my pattern to fit a smaller frame which I had on-hand.
 

 
Simple to put together and I made my coin purse to match my Boxi-Hexi Pouch.
 
 Kelly of kelbysews blog has a tutorial and pattern for her Boxi-Hexi Pouch from the Festival of Hexagons.
 
Here is my version of Kelly's Boxi-Hexi Pouch.
 

 
Check out this link for information on the Festival of Hexagons. The blog has ended, but a linky party is going on right now.
 
**********
 
Remember the two children's quilt I finished last week. Here are photos with the birthday boys showing their quilts.
 
Antonio's Race Car Quilt @ 2nd Birthday

Josiah's Spiderman Quilt @ 5th Birthday
You can bet that they are snuggle up with their new big boys quilts!
 
**********
 
Also, look what came in the mail today!
 
Christmas in July Charm Swap
I received my Christmas in July Charm's in the mail today. Manda from Manda Made Quilts hosted the charm swap. So many beautiful charms and I know just the pattern to sew. Check out all the photos on Flickr of all the different charms.
 
That is all for one day and I am going to take the rest of the evening off to just enjoy my Birthday!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful evening,
 
Judith, Texas
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. such a clever use of a hexagon! And I love the pleated purse too.

    ReplyDelete