Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blue and Yellow Hexagon

I have been away too long. We just got home about an hour ago. DH business trip and he was not doing so great last week. I was spoiling grandchildren over the weekend and had to make a trip back home on Sunday and then back up to Houston incase DH felt ill again. It was a long weekend and I pretty much do not want to go anywhere, but I did drop my PFAFF off and was called that it was ready to be picked up. I will be heading into town tomorrow to pick up my sweet PFAFF. I do need to finish off two quilts for my grandsons, but I do not believe that will happen before Saturday. It's the birthday boys this week (Thursday and Friday). A real busy month for me. Happy when September gets here.

Enough....I wanted to show how far along I have been working on my Blue and Yellow Hexagon Quilt that I have been working on for a year.


I need three more corners before I will have the top finish. This will be a happy day for me when it is all done.

I wanted to share with you a blog from The Quilt and Needle a tutorial call Tuna Can Hexagon Flowers. If you are new to hexagons, you may want to hop on over the Quilt and Needle.  A great tutorial. I wished I had thought of it. But happy a fellow group member told us about this tutorial.  You do not even need to use batting if you prefer.

Also, did you know that the Festivals of Hexagons is going on? I am doing some catching up. Check it out: giveaways and prizes. Click here for more information and the list of Tutorials below:
Monday, Aug. 13 Ali from a²(w)
Tuesday, Aug. 14 Amanda from A Crafty Fox (you are here!)
Wednesday, Aug. 15 Kelly from Kelbysews
Thursday, Aug. 16 Terri from Sew Fantastic
Friday, Aug. 17 Jeni from In Color Order

Monday, Aug. 20 Lindsey from LRStitched
Tuesday, Aug. 21 Kati from From The Blue Chair
Wednesday, Aug. 22 Michelle from Super Orange Sewing (formerly I Like Orange, Too)
Thursday, Aug. 23 Sara from Sew Sweetness
Friday, Aug. 24 Megan from Canoe Ridge Creations
Saturday, Aug. 25 Recap
Aug. 27 – Sept. 2 Link Party
Sept. 3 – Sept. 5 Voting
Friday, Sept. 7 Winners announced

Hope your week is going well and I will try to keep up with my post this week.

Have a wonderful evening,

Judith, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment