Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spring time weather here in Galveston Today!

Sorry, I do not have photos today of the spring time weather in Galveston.
It is beautiful today.
The weatherman did say some showers tomorrow.
 
**********
I finally completed one of my UFO's from last year. I saw this pattern at a quilt shop and thought "hum", I can do this. Plus, I am alway looking for a great organizer.
 
 
Here is my new purse insert.
Outside view
I had to put this away, due to keeping calm!
Inside view
While staying in Galveston, I decided to pack it along.  It was raining when we first arrive. So I decided to take another crack at it and finally got it all done. 
 
Not sure if I will make another one.
 
 ******
Also, today I completed my small quilt for January's Small Quilt Talk Group.
 
Feedsack Flower Garden
 This pattern was great to use up all those great scraps I had in my bin, plus great practice for me.  I am still pretty new to quilting. You can tell with my FMQ! 
 
 
Notice the fabric is the same as the purse insert above.
I just love scraps!
The pattern is from Kathleen Tracy's book American Doll Quilts. You can find her book here. I made my small quilt different from the pattern in the book.  I did not pack a lot of fabric and scraps with me and the nearest quilt shop is in Texas City.

*****
If you are looking for inspiration, head over to Madame Samm's blog for another great blog hop.

Dare to Dresden Blog Hop.


Thanks for stopping by,


Judith, Texas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment