Saturday, October 20, 2012

It's Friday and I have a busy weekend!

Yesterday was my son's Birthday!
 
Son David and his big Sister Vicky

Here's a younger photo of him @ Pappasitos in Houston with his big sister. Her birthday is in  two weeks too.

Happy Birthday Mijo!

**********
 
Maple Leaf Swap
 
 
 
This is my first time sewing maple leaf blocks. Not an easy block to sew. I set up all my pieces in order. The one at the bottom of the group will not be mailed out. Only eight out of the group.  Will come back to that block. I do like how my blocks turned out and hope my fellow swappers will too.
 
**********
 
Here comes my Sweetie!
 
 
 
Have you heard? There is a month long Paper Piecing Blog Hop over Whims and Fancies. How do you like my PP Witch? She is a bit green. Design by Cindy of Quilt Doddle Designs  She will look great on my Table stand. For all the patterns, stop by Whims and Fancies and check out all the designers participating. Take a friend to tag along, it's frightening!
 
**********
 
Starting Monday, Madame Samm over Sew We Quilt, is cheering a Wicked Blog Hop. Check out her blog on Monday for a list of hostess.
 
 
**********
 
Are you a fan of Amy Butler. Lori over Lori H Designs is hosting The Long Weekender blog hop. Kicked off October 15 and Monday Debbie from  A Quilter's Table will be sharing her weekender experince and a giveaway. I have been wanting to make this bag and love that I can pick up a tip or two. It did not look easy for a beginner like me.
 
**********
 
Tulia Pink Sew-Along
 
Over at Sew Sweetness a Tula Pink Sew-Along is coming to it last week. You will be amazed. Check out all the gifted artist, beautiful quilts and lots of give-aways.
 
**********
 
Scrappy Mini Notebook Cover
 
 
 
I am always writing things down on a notebook, sketching down designs, or doddling. 
 
So I found a tutorial over Quilter in the Gap
 
Here is my cover.
 
BackView

Inside View

Front View

Full View
 
My elastic holder is different but I am happy with the ends results. I am sewing up a few more for gifts.
 
It is late tonight and I need my sleep. I am taking my mother to Bay City to visit her little sister. They are having a 75th birthday dinner for my uncle and will be wonderful to see everyone.
 
Have a fun and safe weekend,
 
Judith, Texas
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment