Friday, March 16, 2012

Two years and giving in!!!!!

Today is the day that I was going to direct my attention to this beautiful quilted top.  Yes, I am giving in!


I was just tired of looking at it! The inspiration was just not there.  I even had it put away and came across it in a tote full of UFO's.  So today, I first stopped at Quilters Patch here in Victoria. Looked around in the shop for a few hours. They have a wonderful selection in all colors. It is so easy for me to get lost in this wonderful shop. I spent a great deal in the clearence rack.  I found a few magazines discounted,  a paper piece kit and a couple of 1 yard cuts. GREAT DEALS!



Except for the muslin and yellow material at regular price.  But I just wanted to finish! I am also working on a second top using english paper piecing.  It is time for the both to be done with.


This second top has gone thru many rip aparts and put back together in different designs.  For this quilt, I purchased the materials at Joanns fabric store in Corpus Christi, Texas when my oldest daughter was in the hospital last August 2011. I also, bought a template there and at the dollar store bought large index cards to trace the templates on and childrens school scissors to cut them out,  since I have left my traveling sewing kit at home.  Never again do I leave home without it.

 The muslin I will use as a backing for the first quilt photo on top.  I need to wash and iron due to the stiffness since I will be hand quilting.  The yellow material will be used on the english paper piecing quilt photo above using 1 inch templates.  I do look forward to moving on to other projects. 

I have come to loving doll quilts.  I purchased a barbie bed yesterday on Etsy for the barbie dolls I rescued from my grand-daughters.  They needed a home and a warm quilt.  I am keeping my eye out on a few doll beds.  My sister in-law gave me dolls her granddaughter no longer plays with.  She is 18 years old and will go to college in the fall.  I told her when my grandchildren come over the dolls will have plenty of company and a doll quilt made for each one.  She was very happy. 

Until next time, have a wonderful evening and will post photos of both finished quilts.

Judith


No comments:

Post a Comment