Friday, March 16, 2012

Simply Small

Home again from a short trip. I wanted to share a doll quilt that I did by hand.  Yes, hand sewn!  The pattern is from the Quilt Almanac 2012 issue on page 33.  Simply Small by Quiltmaker and Hand Quilter: Christine Carlson. I really enjoyed quilting this small doll quilt.  Here is my version:

 
7 1/2" x 8 5/8"

Materials are from my scrap bin.  I went ahead and use two color scheme suggested by Christen Carlson.  I am getting more comfortable quilting at a small scale. Still need plenty of practice. Can you tell?  Like the article says, "It's all about scale".  Simple pattern to follow and I believe I will be quilting another one in the future. 

I am also following along with Temecula Quilt Co. Blessing Basket Quilt along.  I have only done a few baskets before. Okay, 4 at a larger scale.  I look forward to the end results.  Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/. I will post my version at a later date.  That is all for now.  I am still trying to get a hand on this blogging.  Please be patient. Till next time,

Have a wonderful evening,

Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment