Monday, July 23, 2012

Zakka Style Sew-Along Week 17


This afternoon the showers past by and the temperature is down to 75 and comfortable.


Delightful Linen bag, designed by Mette Robl from ErlePerle

This is week 17 of the Zakka Style Sew-Along.
For this beauty, I cut (2) rectangles 6" x 7 1/2" linen scraps for the body front and back. I did the same for the lining using cotton fabric and interfacing. I emblished the front with a fussy cut of 4" x 4" square and hand stitch to the front rectangle and interfacing for stability. Then aligned the front and back sides together along with the interfacing and sew the sides and bottoms edge. Turn the bag right side out and push the corners out and outline the front of the bag with a running stitch. I sew the lining together on the sides and bottom and place the lining into the bag, align and pin the top edge. I found a scrap bias tape long enough to sew the top edge of the bag. Added a scrap ribbon for a loop and added a button to the front of the bag. There you have it, a delightful linen bag. Photos are posted on Flickr and are a delight to see.
Great for a gift.

Hint, Hint!

In speaking of gifts, I will be back here next Tuesday July 31 for the Think Christmas Blog Hop running July 30  - August 5.  Leslie over the The Cuddle Quilter is our wonderful Hostess along with  Madame Samm from Sew We Quilt who put all this together.

For some Christmas Spirit, here is the schedule:

July 30


I look foward to visiting all my fellow bloggers. Hope you will too!

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith, Texs






1 comment: