Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zakka Style Sew-Along Sewing Kit

This past weekend I worked on my Zakka Style Sewing Kit before the DH and I were off to the big city streets. So here are my photos.  Please excuse the photos, since they are from my iPhone at 2 a.m. in the morning.  It's when I do most of my work. 


The inside view. 
I was searching for material for this project andI  came upon this in the last bin I was looking in. The linen I had from another finished project. (YAHOO!)
This is small enough to toss in my bag while on the road with my DH. Catch up on some hand sewing.  


Roll-up view.

Outside view.

I used a covered button for the first time. I had a piece of fabric from the material. It was picture of a ironing board but you cannot see it.  I thought it came out beautiful anyway.  Not bad for the first time using cover buttons. I will be using them more.

 I have other photos posted on flicker from the Zakka Style Sew Along. Feel free to view all the other beautiful work of art that are posted up from others in the sew along. 

Here are my other finished projects from the Zakka Style Sew Along. 


Zakka Style Pin Cushion.


Zakka Style House Pouch-Front


Back view.


Inside view.


Zakka Style Zigzag Tote


Closer view. I added a button to my tote. 


Inside view.. I added pockets across the bottom.  Added the same zigzag pattern as the front of the tote to the pocket front. Pocket for pen holder, cell phone and etc.


Back view.  I quilted the back. 

If you are interested in joining the sew along,  feel free to click the button on the right or here to visit Lindsey over at LRstitches to read all the posts. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed all the goodies posted here.

Have a wonderful day, 
Judith, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment