Tuesday, April 16, 2013

New Sewing Machine Cover

No, I have not fallen off in the wild blue wonder!
Only here and there and everywhere.
My WDH works out of town and yet when we get home, he wants to go off to the wild blue wonder.
Down south fishing. The only thing, I was sick for two days.
My home is still the same as two weeks ago. I did managed to dust a bit and replant my ivy, clear a bit off my back porch, fill in some holes with dirt out back, and yes, did a little sewing at home.
 
First, trying to finish off my Honeycomb pillow hosted by Jenelle over Echinops and Aster.
 
 
Here is a photo of my top. I am hoping to finished this week and have a new pillow.
Honeycomb Pillow Cover
 Also, I sewed a sewing machine cover for my new Janome.
McCall's  M5017
I used the pattern as a template and added an opening for the handles. I was press for time and wanted a patchwork, but I will make one for my other machine.


Also, found this tutorial for this beautiful hexie. Not sure who's tutorial, but I will try to find who and give credit.
(update) This tutorial is from Martha, Sew What's New and she also shows an example using three fabrics.
 I love the half hexie and her tutorial was sweet and simple to follow.

I finally gave in and made a divided basket by Anna, Noodlehead.
Divided Basket from Noodlehead
I had to put the project off and come back to it. I filled it up with all my goodies from the Greater Houston Shop Hop, while we were in Houston on a business trip. I heard about it the night before and thought this would be a time to fill my two days in Houston. What fun and great blocks.
Blocks are still sitting in the basket.
Guild notebook cover Apple Core stamp by Kate.
Inside view
Back view
This past Sunday, my WDH and I drove south to the wild blue wonder and I finally got to work on my Apple Core. Instead I used a stamp by Kate and love how the pieces came together. It was not my best, but I hope you like what I did with my Guild notebook.

I found a sweet pattern from the microMod His and Hers sew along.
Front view of the Flip Wallet

Inside view of the Flip Wallet

This would be a great gift for my WDH and son.
I thought I would make another wallet and add felt or wool for needles and sewing accessories or for my business cards in pretty fabric. Lots of wonderful projects.


Today is day 7 of the April Showers Blog Hop.

Stop by and visit all the lovely participants who are creating up such sweet mug rugs.

I (My WHD)  finally picked up my Morse machine and I finally tried it out last night, only to nothing was working on my Morse. I will be calling my local repair guy and find out what happen again. I was ready to sew but could not figure out why it was not working . Another trip into town today. I was hoping to get my office cleaned today and go thru some of my projects to donate to our Guild for our annual quilt show in the fall. My office is getting hard to find my pretties and I need to finish the grandchildren's quilts. I already missed one grandchild and have six to go.

Well, I still have to make calls before I leave for town and get ready.

The sun is out and I am already feeling the heat in my office.
Also, earlier, I hit the publish button by mistake before I finished my post.
SORRY!
Hope everyone has wonderful day and happy quilting...

Judith, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment